I am Dr Omosivie Maduka the LOC Chairman of the 58th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the NMA Rivers State Chapter.
I would love you to “Know Your Speakers” Part II.
Tuesday 24th July 2018 is pregnant and loaded with awesome activities at NMA House.
Did you know that there will be a second panel discussion between 2.30 and 3.45 pm on that day?
The topic for this discussion is “Health Care Financing: Confronting the Challenges of Universal Health Coverage and Service Delivery”.
The objectives of the panel discussion are to:
1. Conduct a situation/gap analysis of the state health financing landscape and identify next steps.
2. Raise awareness/sensitize Rivers healthcare providers on the Proposed Rivers State Health Insurance Programme
This panel will feature an array of experts in health care including:
1. Professor Princewill Chike: Hon Commissioner for Health, Rivers State
2. Dr Atamunotoru Stanford Anikara:Health Financing Specialist, USAID Health Finance & Governance (HFG) Project
3. Mrs Vivian Iwebo: Rivers State Coordinator, National Health Insurance Scheme
4. Dr Akinwunmi Fajola: Regional Community Health Manager, West Africa, SPDC
5. Dr Agba Harry: Permanent Secretary, RSPHCMB
6. Dr Okey Ibeabuchi: Medical Director, Palmers Hospitals
Moderating the discussion would be the erudite and experienced
Dr Siyeofori Dede: Coordinator Public Private Partnership on Health Insurance, RSPHCMB
Dr Vetty Agala: Head, Health Financing, RSMOH
We are poised to provide a robust discussion around the following issues
1. Health Financing landscape/ reforms in Nigeria & where Rivers State is?
2. The journey towards Universal Health Coverage, the role of Health Insurance.
3. What are the requirements, institutional arrangements required, where are the gaps and how do we get started?
4. What is the State Government doing to close the gaps?
5. What is the role of NHIS in sharing their lessons learned over the last 13 years of implementation in Nigeria?
6. What are the expectations of private sector from the state insurance program?
7. What is the role of PHC and what will be the working relationship between the RSPHCMB and SMOH in the Health Insurance Programme?
8. What are the lessons to learn from sucessful Community Based Health Insurance Schemes?
And lots more…
So please make it a date with us!
Leave a Reply