I am Dr Omosivie Maduka the LOC Chairman of the 58th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the NMA Rivers State Chapter.
I would love you to “Know Your Speakers” Part II.
Tuesday 24th July 2018 is pregnant and loaded with awesome activities at NMA House.
Did you know that there will be a second panel discussion between 2.30 and 3.45 pm on that day?
The topic for this discussion is “Health Care Financing: Confronting the Challenges of Universal Health Coverage and Service Delivery”.
The objectives of the panel discussion are to:
1. Conduct a situation/gap analysis of the state health financing landscape and identify next steps.
2. Raise awareness/sensitize Rivers healthcare providers on the Proposed Rivers State Health Insurance Programme
This panel will feature an array of experts in health care including:
1. Professor Princewill Chike: Hon Commissioner for Health, Rivers State
2. Dr Atamunotoru Stanford Anikara:Health Financing Specialist, USAID Health Finance & Governance (HFG) Project
3. Mrs Vivian Iwebo: Rivers State Coordinator, National Health Insurance Scheme
4. Dr Akinwunmi Fajola: Regional Community Health Manager, West Africa, SPDC
5. Dr Agba Harry: Permanent Secretary, RSPHCMB
6. Dr Okey Ibeabuchi: Medical Director, Palmers Hospitals
Moderating the discussion would be the erudite and experienced
Dr Siyeofori Dede: Coordinator Public Private Partnership on Health Insurance, RSPHCMB
Dr Vetty Agala: Head, Health Financing, RSMOH
We are poised to provide a robust discussion around the following issues
1. Health Financing landscape/ reforms in Nigeria & where Rivers State is?
2. The journey towards Universal Health Coverage, the role of Health Insurance.
3. What are the requirements, institutional arrangements required, where are the gaps and how do we get started?
4. What is the State Government doing to close the gaps?
5. What is the role of NHIS in sharing their lessons learned over the last 13 years of implementation in Nigeria?
6. What are the expectations of private sector from the state insurance program?
7. What is the role of PHC and what will be the working relationship between the RSPHCMB and SMOH in the Health Insurance Programme?
8. What are the lessons to learn from sucessful Community Based Health Insurance Schemes?
And lots more…
So please make it a date with us!
Hearts Without Thorns…
The Christian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria – Students’ arm, Abia State University Teaching Hospital (CMDA Nigeria – Students ABSUTH) presents her healing balm newsletter for the year 2020 titled “HEARTS WITHOUT THORNS”.
It’s a book culled to enable it’s reader to understand the concept of living a life free from thorns and toxins which make our love for God unstable and wavering.
It aims at equipping every reader with the knowledge and consciousness of his existential state.
You know we happen to live in a world where everyone is doing it the way they seem fit, some feel they’re doing it right, some know they’re not on track but they’re just doing it anyways.
It’s expedient for us to understand that not everyone who is a Christian is actually one. You know Judas was a follower of Jesus for 3yrs yet the scriptures recorded that he loved money so much, which was the legal premise by which the devil found expression in him to betray JESUS.
This book will enable us to understand some deep facts about staying in alignment with Christ and his Business.
Click below to download…(more…)
Port Harcourt to Remember…
MDCAN JANUARY NEC 2020 : PORT HARCOURT TO REMEMBER
The long awaited MDCAN January 2020 NEC meeting has kicked off today, Wednesday, 22nd January, 2020 with the arrival of the members of the NOC.
Port Harcourt is a tourist’s dream destination. It is also known as the treasure base of the Nation. The city offers a good blend of business and social activities for an unforgettable experience for visitors.
The Rivers people are very hospitable and friendly. There are several local cuisines ranging from roasted plantain served with fish sauce and the popular native soup containing sea foods that can be eaten with pounded yam or fufu.
There are important historic sites and pleasure parks that may interest you.
This NEC will feature:
- Admission of new NEC members.
- Update on the PhD Vs Fellowship Saga.
- Unveiling the Road Map & Agenda of Prof. Kenneth Ozoilo led NOC for 2019- 2021.
- And lots more…
- The NPS will transmit happening at the NEC meeting through Live Streaming,on both MDCAN NEC and National platforms.
I wish all NEC members and observers journey mercies.
Abidemi Emmanuel OMONISI.
National Publicity Secretary, MDCAN.
Welcome to the MDCAN NEC Meeting, Port Harcourt 2020.
The Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) presents the National Executive Council (NEC) Meeting, Port Harcourt 2020.
The theme of this event is Revamping the Health Care System in Nigeria: Re-echoing the Role of Stakeholders.
Date: 22nd – 26th January, 2020.
Venue: Nigerian Bar Association Port Harcourt, Branch House,No. 1 Bank Road Opposite PHALGA, Multipurpose Hall Second Floor, Port Harcourt.
Keynote Speaker: Eze (Prof.) Promise N. C. Abuwa.
Chairman of the occasion: Emeritus Prof. Nimi Briggs
Special Guest of Honour: Chief. Ezebunwo Wike. Executive Governor of Rivers State.
Guests of Honour: *Sir Dr. Peter Odili *Senator Betty Okagua Apiafi
Hosts: * Dr Friday Aaron (CMD RSUTH) * Dr Kenneth Okagua (CMD RSHMB)
Chief Host: * Dr A.M Harry
President MDCAN: Prof. Kenneth Ozoilo
Program of Events
Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 : Arrival of National Officers.
Thursday 23rd January, 2020: Courtesy visits by NOC/Arrival of NEC members/ Welcome cocktail party.
Friday 24th January, 2020: CME/Opening Ceremony/NEC 1
Saturday 25th January, 2020: Health Walk 6am/NEC 2/Tour of Health facilities
Sunday 26th January, 2020: Press Conference/Departure
Welcome to Port Harcourt, we trust your stay will be remarkable and unforgettable.
Dr. Ebbi Robinson.
Sexual Purity2 years ago
Hold Your Fire
Inspirational4 years ago
The measure of life is not its duration, but its donation
Inspirational4 years ago
NCCF SHALL NEVER DIE…TALES FROM EKITI II
Faith4 years ago
Healthy Living1 year ago
Dealing with stress in the face of a pandemic.
HearWord4 years ago
THE THERAPEUTIC SLAP
Features3 years ago
Apologies My Dear Melanin Umbrella.
Healthy Living4 years ago
Please help me…I am enthralled by Tramadol