Meet Your Speakers – Part 1
Did you know that this year’s NMA AGM and Scientific Conference will feature a Panel Discussion on “The Environment and Health: Confronting Challenges in a Sustainable Way”
on Tuesday 24th July between 9.30am and 11am?
Now you know…
We will have the unique opportunity to get answers to some questions…
1. What is the Ministry of Environment doing about the ‘Soot Challenge’?
2. What is the Ministry of Health doing to protect citizens from the health effects of air pollution?
3. What data is available about the health challenges of ‘Soot and other air pollution’
4. What are the regulatory agencies actually doing?
5. What role are the security agencies playing in aggravating or ameliorating the problem?
6. What are the sustainable solutions to this menace?
7. What are the roles and opportunities for NMA in all this?
And lots more…
Invited Panelists Include:
– Professor Precious Ede (Dept of Geosciences and Space Technology, Rivers State University)
– Rivers State Ministry of Environment
– Rivers State Ministry of Health
– National Environmental Standards and Regulatory Agency
– Shell Petroleum Development Company
– World Health Organization
– Mr Eugene Abels (Stop the Soot Campaign)
– The Nigerian Navy
– Nigerian Environmental Society Rivers State Branch
– Nigerian Medical Association Rivers State Branch
Moderating: Dr Omosivie Maduka (Consultant Public Health Physician and Vice Chairman Association of Public Health Physicians of Nigeria. Rivers State Branch)
These are exciting times… Be sure to be a part of it.
Dr Omosivie Maduka
For the LOC
Hearts Without Thorns…
The Christian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria – Students’ arm, Abia State University Teaching Hospital (CMDA Nigeria – Students ABSUTH) presents her healing balm newsletter for the year 2020 titled “HEARTS WITHOUT THORNS”.
It’s a book culled to enable it’s reader to understand the concept of living a life free from thorns and toxins which make our love for God unstable and wavering.
It aims at equipping every reader with the knowledge and consciousness of his existential state.
You know we happen to live in a world where everyone is doing it the way they seem fit, some feel they’re doing it right, some know they’re not on track but they’re just doing it anyways.
It’s expedient for us to understand that not everyone who is a Christian is actually one. You know Judas was a follower of Jesus for 3yrs yet the scriptures recorded that he loved money so much, which was the legal premise by which the devil found expression in him to betray JESUS.
This book will enable us to understand some deep facts about staying in alignment with Christ and his Business.
Click below to download…(more…)
Port Harcourt to Remember…
MDCAN JANUARY NEC 2020 : PORT HARCOURT TO REMEMBER
The long awaited MDCAN January 2020 NEC meeting has kicked off today, Wednesday, 22nd January, 2020 with the arrival of the members of the NOC.
Port Harcourt is a tourist’s dream destination. It is also known as the treasure base of the Nation. The city offers a good blend of business and social activities for an unforgettable experience for visitors.
The Rivers people are very hospitable and friendly. There are several local cuisines ranging from roasted plantain served with fish sauce and the popular native soup containing sea foods that can be eaten with pounded yam or fufu.
There are important historic sites and pleasure parks that may interest you.
This NEC will feature:
- Admission of new NEC members.
- Update on the PhD Vs Fellowship Saga.
- Unveiling the Road Map & Agenda of Prof. Kenneth Ozoilo led NOC for 2019- 2021.
- And lots more…
- The NPS will transmit happening at the NEC meeting through Live Streaming,on both MDCAN NEC and National platforms.
I wish all NEC members and observers journey mercies.
Abidemi Emmanuel OMONISI.
National Publicity Secretary, MDCAN.
Welcome to the MDCAN NEC Meeting, Port Harcourt 2020.
The Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) presents the National Executive Council (NEC) Meeting, Port Harcourt 2020.
The theme of this event is Revamping the Health Care System in Nigeria: Re-echoing the Role of Stakeholders.
Date: 22nd – 26th January, 2020.
Venue: Nigerian Bar Association Port Harcourt, Branch House,No. 1 Bank Road Opposite PHALGA, Multipurpose Hall Second Floor, Port Harcourt.
Keynote Speaker: Eze (Prof.) Promise N. C. Abuwa.
Chairman of the occasion: Emeritus Prof. Nimi Briggs
Special Guest of Honour: Chief. Ezebunwo Wike. Executive Governor of Rivers State.
Guests of Honour: *Sir Dr. Peter Odili *Senator Betty Okagua Apiafi
Hosts: * Dr Friday Aaron (CMD RSUTH) * Dr Kenneth Okagua (CMD RSHMB)
Chief Host: * Dr A.M Harry
President MDCAN: Prof. Kenneth Ozoilo
Program of Events
Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 : Arrival of National Officers.
Thursday 23rd January, 2020: Courtesy visits by NOC/Arrival of NEC members/ Welcome cocktail party.
Friday 24th January, 2020: CME/Opening Ceremony/NEC 1
Saturday 25th January, 2020: Health Walk 6am/NEC 2/Tour of Health facilities
Sunday 26th January, 2020: Press Conference/Departure
Welcome to Port Harcourt, we trust your stay will be remarkable and unforgettable.
Dr. Ebbi Robinson.
Sexual Purity2 years ago
Hold Your Fire
Inspirational4 years ago
The measure of life is not its duration, but its donation
Inspirational4 years ago
NCCF SHALL NEVER DIE…TALES FROM EKITI II
Faith4 years ago
Healthy Living1 year ago
Dealing with stress in the face of a pandemic.
HearWord4 years ago
THE THERAPEUTIC SLAP
Features3 years ago
Apologies My Dear Melanin Umbrella.
Healthy Living4 years ago
Please help me…I am enthralled by Tramadol