” I do keto, I do keto”, she said. She was also a keto police of sorts.
And so she left home that morning, talking about keto and sharing keto recipes on social media.
She landed at the seminar which was very stressful, tea break was not keto, so she ignored it.
By the time lunch was served later in the evening, her stomach was already grumbling and making sounds reminiscent of the sounds in a music producer’s studio.
To make the matters worse, she was sitting very close to the caterer’s table. The aroma from the well prepared egusi soup , gave her senses an upper cut.
All she remembers is that by her side was a demolished plate or was it two wraps of garri and the bowl that housed what was before an egusi soup palace was now empty.
” Just for today” she told herself.
But no the demons against keto had another plan, she was invited for a banquet that evening and the sight of the buffet was mouth watering. The room was filled with the aroma of the delicacies prepared for the guests.
It is not, sorry it is my portion she said. If Daniel did it, I will do same. If Daniel could overlook Nebuchadnezzar’s lavish banquet, so would she.
Okay Daniel ate pulses instead, but she decided to take salad, but as she got to the buffet table, the sight of the pepper soup with pieces of meat at attention stunned her and pepper soup she took.
She downed it, wow and it tasted very well. She saw her colleagues eating rice and so she went back to the table and had only salad, the salad she initially wanted, but the cream from the salad reminded her of when she was not doing keto.
She jumped again and you know salad has to go with rice and rice she collected and slayed. On her table were several bottles of soft drink and wine, oh yes she drank 2 bottles of soft drink and filled her wine glass and filled it again and again.
Her stomach smiled as it had not been used to such vanities in a long while, it did not know when this would happen again and so it kept stretching and she kept filling.
And she stood to leave at the end of the event, the veil on her eyes were removed and she found out that she just cheated. She just cheated the keto gods.
To make up when she reached home, she ate a portion of avocado and cabbage.
“I will not commit this sin again” she said, but only time will tell.
In another news
The sister’s name is not Miriam, but her brother is named Moses.
Dealing with stress in the face of a pandemic.
A few days ago, during a Zoom meeting, I mentioned that; ‘we are not just dealing with a pandemic, but also an infodemic’, which is an excessive amount of information concerning a problem such that the solution is made more difficult. Little was known about COVID-19, 5 months ago, but right now it is in the lips, ears and minds of a lot of people worldwide. Considering the amount of updates, especially fake news, with the level of uncertainty, with the level of loss of control, with dwindling fortunes in many quarters… Fear and anxiety is at an all-time high.
This is the period when having a cough, fever, catarrh or difficulty in breathing can increase the worry hormones. This is also a period where a lot of people are worried about their own health and the health of their loved ones especially those that are more vulnerable to COVID-19.
And to keep up to speed with the news, a lot of people are having issues with their sleep and having changes in their eating patterns. Many are having issues with concentrating, as bad news hits left, right and center. Worsening chronic health problems stare us at the face. There is also worsening of mental health conditions and increased use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs this period, as people find ways to deal with stress and fear.
So how do you cope with stress…
*Get news only from verified sources, trust me ‘e get why’. That ‘salt and pepper’ that brings out the dopamine in you, may not be good for your health. Professionals report having your health in mind, while many sources report with sensationalism and the overwhelming need to get more clicks at the back of their mind. Also it is important you get the right information, so that you may be properly equiped.
* Take breaks from watching reading or listening to news stories, including social media, it will do you a great good.
* Take care of your body needs by eating healthy; a nutritious diet will do you a whole lot of good. You will also need to exercise regularly; you can tailor-make the exercises you do, so as not to break the physical distancing rule. Get adequate sleep; sleeping well does not in any way connote laziness, a good refreshed sleep is very important. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes and drugs this period.
* This is also a time to meditate, pray, listen to wholesome/soul lifting messages, it will do you a whole lot of good.
* Learn something new this period, the fact that it looks as though things are on hold, does not in any way mean your life should be on hold. You can learn something new, but come on, it doesn’t have to be a competition.
* Give back to society in your own capacity, you may think your effort will be considered too small, but you can be a voice for someone or something this period, you can be a reason someone says thank you and wishes to live one more day.
* Do something you enjoy this period, of course something that would not put your health at risk or expose others to harm.
* Connect with others. As you know Physical distancing does not mean you should cut off from people, call your parents, call friends on phone, ask people how they are doing, care about others, and be willing to respond to other people’s need, it will also not be a sacrilege to receive help from other people. No one is a superman or superwoman. Find out how others are doing, and do not be embarrassed if people ask you how you are doing.
* Play your part to stop the spread of fake news, be careful what you share, if you are not sure and it is malicious, you may as well not share even if it sounds so sweet. Never allow fake news and rumors spread in your hands.
* We should also play our part to reduce stigma and stigmatization of people during this period.
Do have a great day ahead, we will overcome this. Let’s play our part to flatten the curve, it is in our hands.
Separating Myths from Facts #1 #COVID19
By Ovundah Nyeche
Bleach is a very effective fluid for cleaning surfaces and it can kill germs, including coronavirus on surfaces.
Alcohol can also kill coronavirus on surfaces and alcohol based sanitizers (at least 60 percent) are useful for cleaning your hands.
This does not mean you should bathe with alcohol, bleach, rub it on your body or gargle with alcohol and or bleach.
Alcohol or bleach will not kill germs in your body and can cause you harm.
Say you use water and detergent wash motor well well, no mean say you go pour am inside your fuel tank.
Say engine oil good for motor, no mean say you go pour am for motor body or fuel tank.
Please get information from the right channels like @WHO @Fmohnigeria @NCDCgov @LSMOH…
Credits: WHO, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/coronavirus-myths-explored
#hearword #OvdSpeaks #hearwordseries
World Suicide Prevention Day 2019.
Every 10th of September the World Health Organization in collaboration with the International Association of Suicide Prevention celebrates the World Suicide Prevention Day.
This year just like last year the theme is ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’.
Every year about 800,000 lose their lives by suicide and this amounts to a death by suicide every 40 seconds.
25 more people attempt suicides and many more have suicidal ideations.
Of those aged 15 – 29 years, suicide accounts for the second leading cause death, topped only by Road traffic accidents.
Suicide is a public health concern and any one can be affected, and it is very preventable.
Unfortunately suicide does not end the pain but passes it to family members, friends, colleagues and others.
Last Saturday, RivEthics an initiative of the first lady of Rivers State Justice Mrs Suzzette Eberechi Nyesom-Wike, did a suicide awareness/ prevention campaign on radio and yours truly was the guest.
You can listen or download the broadcast which is in English Language and Pidgin English via the link below.
Sexual Purity12 months ago
Hold Your Fire
Inspirational3 years ago
NCCF SHALL NEVER DIE…TALES FROM EKITI II
Adverts6 months ago
Register for the MDCAN NEC Meeting, Port Harcourt 2020
Inspirational2 years ago
The measure of life is not its duration, but its donation
HearWord3 years ago
THE THERAPEUTIC SLAP
Faith3 years ago
Adverts12 months ago
Features2 years ago
Apologies My Dear Melanin Umbrella.