Meet Your Speakers – Part 1
Did you know that this year’s NMA AGM and Scientific Conference will feature a Panel Discussion on “The Environment and Health: Confronting Challenges in a Sustainable Way”
on Tuesday 24th July between 9.30am and 11am?
Now you know…
We will have the unique opportunity to get answers to some questions…
1. What is the Ministry of Environment doing about the ‘Soot Challenge’?
2. What is the Ministry of Health doing to protect citizens from the health effects of air pollution?
3. What data is available about the health challenges of ‘Soot and other air pollution’
4. What are the regulatory agencies actually doing?
5. What role are the security agencies playing in aggravating or ameliorating the problem?
6. What are the sustainable solutions to this menace?
7. What are the roles and opportunities for NMA in all this?
And lots more…
Invited Panelists Include:
– Professor Precious Ede (Dept of Geosciences and Space Technology, Rivers State University)
– Rivers State Ministry of Environment
– Rivers State Ministry of Health
– National Environmental Standards and Regulatory Agency
– Shell Petroleum Development Company
– World Health Organization
– Mr Eugene Abels (Stop the Soot Campaign)
– The Nigerian Navy
– Nigerian Environmental Society Rivers State Branch
– Nigerian Medical Association Rivers State Branch
Moderating: Dr Omosivie Maduka (Consultant Public Health Physician and Vice Chairman Association of Public Health Physicians of Nigeria. Rivers State Branch)
These are exciting times… Be sure to be a part of it.
Dr Omosivie Maduka
For the LOC